Here are a few safety reminders now that winter weather has arrived:
- Sidewalks outside of the "Sidewalk Corridor" are to be kept clear of snow by the property owner. See Local Law no 1-2010, Sidewalk and Street tree Maintenance -https://static.flxwebsites.com/documents/SidewalkTree.pdf
- Foot/ski traffic in the roads must yield to vehicles, especially DPW Plow Trucks
- Turn headlights on during stormy weather to increase visibility
- November 1 - April 1 there is no overnight on-street parking allowed between 2:00AM and 6:00AM on Main Street (Route 96), Union Street, or Old Main Street (in front of former Ron Don's) to allow for snow removal. Please use the municipal lots.
- Consider being prepared for a snowball throwing contest :)