Board of Trustees
Villages in New York State are governed by a Board of Trustees, generally comprised of five members – a Mayor and four Trustees. Board members are elected to four-year terms and, as a legislative body, are charged with the management of the affairs of the Village.
Rordan Hart, Mayor
Mayor Hart was first elected to the Village Board as a Trustee in 2007 and has served as Police Commissioner, Vice-Chair of the Greater Tompkins County Municipal Health Insurance Consortium (GTCMHIC), and has served on numerous Village committees. Hart was elected to his first term as Mayor in 2018 and remains the Vice-Chair of the GTCMHIC as well as the Village’s representative on the Tompkins County Council of Governments (TCCOG).
Hart lives in Trumansburg with his family and is a partner in a local financial advisory firm. His current term expires in 2022.
Ben Carver, Deputy Mayor
Ben Carver began his service on the Village Board in the fall of 2013. He currently oversees the EMS Department, sits on the Trumansburg/Ulysses Youth Commission and the Village's Sidewalk Committee, and is Chair of the Street Tree Advisory Committee. He is also currently serving as the Village's lead on clean energy initiatives.
Carver lives in Trumansburg with his family. He works as an arborist and is currently pursuing a Mater's Degree in Public Affairs at Cornell University. His current term expires in 2022.
Ben Darfler, Trustee
Ben Darfler began his service on the Board of Trustees in 2018. He currently oversees the Village DPW, Water & Sewer Departments, and is the Chair of the Comprehensive Plan & Zoning Revision Committee.
Darfler lives in Trumansburg with his family and works remotely as a software engineering manager. His current term expires in 2022.
Jessica Giles, Trustee
Jessica Giles began her service on the Village Board in 2020. She currently oversees the Fire Department and previously served as Chair of the Village Planning Board.
Jessica resides in Trumansburg with her family and is employed by the Corning Museum of Glass. Her current term expires in 2024.
Keith Hannon, Trustee
Keith Hannon began his service on the Village Board in 2018. He currently oversees the Police Department and is the Village’s representative to the Trumansburg Chamber of Commerce.
Keith is a graduate of the Roy H. Park School of Communications at Ithaca College and is an Associate Director of Alumni Affairs & Development for Athletics at Cornell University. He resides on Whig Street with his wife Casey and their three children. His current term expires in 2024.
Meetings and Minutes
Second Monday of each month at 7 pm. All meetings are open to the public. Please see the calendar for upcoming dates and agendas.
- 7-12-2021 Board of Trustees Meeting & Public Hearing for Community Development Block Grant
- 6-14-2021 Board of Trustees Meeting
- 5-22-2021 Special Board Meeting-State of the Village Event
- 5-20-2021 Special Board Meeting w/Towns of Covert, Hector and Ulysses
- 5-10-2021 Board of Trustees Meeting
- 4-21-2021 Special Board Meeting: Comp Plan Working Session
- 4-12-2021 Meeting: Annual Organizational Meeting & 2021-2022 Budget Public Hearing
- 3-29-2021 Meeting
- 3-18-2021 Meeting
- 3-16-2021 Budget Working Session
- 3-8-2021 Meeting
- 3-2-2021 Budget Working Session
- 2-22-2021 Budget Working Session
- 2-8-2021 Meeting
- 1-11-2021 Meeting
- 12-14-2020 Meeting
- 11-9-2020 Meeting
- 10-13-2020 Meeting
- 10-5-2020 Special Meeting
- 9-14-2020 Meeting
- 9-10-2020 Special Meeting
- 8-10-2020 Meeting
- 7-13-2020 Meeting
- 6-22-2020 Special Meeting
- 6-8-2020 Meeting
- 5-11-2020 Meeting
- 4-13-2020 Annual Organizational Meeting
- 03-09-2020 Meeting
- 03-05-2020 Special Meeting
- 2-10-2020 Meeting
- 2020 State of the Village Slidedeck & Meeting Video
- SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE: BUDGET WORKING SESSIONS
- 01-13-2020 Meeting