The parking of vehicles is hereby prohibited in the following
locations between the hours of 2:00am and 6:00am during the period beginning
of each year and ending April 1st of the following year:
1. East Main Street and West Main Street (StateRoute 96);
2. Union Street;
3. Old Main Street between West Main Street (State Route 96) and Washington
D. Parking Prohibitions: The parking of vehicles in any of the following locations is
1. On the south side of Union Street from the southerly curb line of Cayuga Street
to a point 115 feet northerly from the northerly curb line of Main Street.
2. On south side of Whig Street from South Street to Truman Street during the
period beginning November 1st of each year and ending April 1st of each year.
3. On the westerly side of Union Street between the most southerly corner of tax
parcel 2.-5-6 and a point 23 feet northerly therefrom. This paragraph shall not
apply to motor vehicles displaying handicapped license plates and/or a valid
handicapped parking permit.
4. On the north side of Main Street between a point 60 feet west and 60 feet east of
the curb line of Lake Street.
5. On the west side of the paved portion of Cemetery Rd. from its intersection with
Lake Street to its intersection with East Main Street.
6. On the west side of South Street from its intersection with East Main Street to its
intersection with Whig Street.
The Village, employees of the Village DPW, and Teamsters Local 317 entered into the Village’s first-ever labor agreement on December 17th. The agreement is the culmination of eight months of negotiation. It covers all Village DPW employees, and recognizes Teamsters as the exclusive representative of the employees of the Village DPW.
The Village has a vacancy in the position of Zoning Officer. If you are interested in this part-time position please apply through the Tompkins County Human Resources website here: https://www.tompkinscivilservice.org/civilservice/apply/4021
The Village would like to thank Laura Schneider – who resigned as Zoning Officer on Monday, December 17th – for her service to the Village over the past six months, and we wish her success in her future endeavors.