The Village Department of Public Works oversees the performance and maintenance of the Village’s infrastructure, including the water system, sewer system, roads, and Village property. Many of the services that the Village provides, both free and fee-based, are under the care of the DPW.
- Garbage pickup will always occur on Wednesday mornings, irrespective of any holiday schedule.
- Garbage tags can be purchased at the T-burg Shur Save and Good To Go Market.
- The Village contracts with Alternative Waste Services for garbage pickup within the Village limits.
Tompkins County Recycling
Brush Pick-Up Service & Dial-A-Truck
- Curbside pick-up is done Monday mornings.
- All leaves, grass clippings, and twigs must be in paper bags.
- All limbs must be cut to less than five feet, tied and bundled so they can be easily handled by one person.
- Large amounts of brush will require hiring of the DIAL-A-TRUCK service, available to Village residents for $25.00 per day. To reserve the DIAL-A-TRUCK, please call the DPW at 387-5618.
- The Village DPW conducts seasonal leaf pick-up in the autumn using a vacuum truck. Leaf pick-up usually runs from mid-October through Thanksgiving but is subject to weather and precipitation.
- Leaves must be raked in rows between the sidewalk and curb. Leaf piles shall not extend into the street. Branches and twigs must be tied and bundled. After Thanksgiving, leaves must be bagged.
Sidewalk Snow Removal